Brandhacker Infographic Rating (Hackin!, Status Quo, Lame): Status Quo
In the realm of eCommerce retail referral traffic, Pinterest is the new "it" baby. Pinterest is in fact already the third largest social network. On top of that it's getting lots of media coverage (e.g. some indicating that its only for women and it's a just a fad; with all due respect guys, there is Gentlemint).
Truth is, Pinterest represents a huge shift in the pattern of social media usage going forward. No longer will social sharing consist of just text and comments with brands seeking to bitly-offer coupon links to consumers. Now users will be able to easily 'pin' visual creative assets (hopefully that companies easily provide to them). Hello creative director and designers - we think content marketing is currently all the rage, but your design skills are now jumping to the forefront of consumer digital marketing strategy.
Some key Pinterest questions to ponder:
- How is Pinterest outgunning Google+?
- This must have the Google Product folks mad and making them poised and ready to acquire Pinterest.
- Compete says unique visitors of the visual social network are skyrocketing
- Facebook & YouTube Top Social eCommerce Referral Traffic Drivers?
- Hitwise is saying that Facebook and YouTube are the key referral traffic drivers to e-commerce sites
- Monetate says retail stores are still seeing a huge influx of affiliate traffic from Pinterest
- Search Still Rules In spite of Pinterest
- Don't even think of downsizing your search budget; Pinterest referral traffic has not yet nor is expected to outperform SEM for lead acquisition