Brandhacker Infographic Rating (Hackin!, Status Quo, Lame): Hackin!
The ROI of social media is upon us. Now clients are wanting to know just how much our social media conversation-driving efforts are leading to key digital performance metrics related to sales, or leading to KPIs indicative of sales. If you're trying to get a handle on which metrics are those to focus on, below is a good 'cheat sheet'.
In this succinct infographic from the agency called awareness, they break down social media analytics into three large buckets (buckets which social media is impacting) including Marketing, Sales and Customer Service. They then identify those metrics within each bucket that social media analysts are focusing on most to leverage to develop actionable insights for brand client efforts. Occam's Razor has a number of other social media analytics metrics identified in a post from Oct, 2011 (Conversation Rate, Amplification Rate, Applause Rate, Economic Value) which, aside from your own internal social media metric development, should be considered as well.
- Brand Awareness & Reputation: SOV (share of voice), Sentiment Trend Analysis
- Marketing Program Effectiveness: Social Reach, Growth, Engagement, Influencer Engagement, Cost/Benefit Analysis
- Lead Generation Effectiveness: Depth of Prospect Profiles
- Increased Sales; Shorter Sales Cycles: Social Sales Effectiveness, Growth in Sales from Social Channels, Repeat Purchases, Overall Sales Effectiveness
III. Customer Service
- Customer Satisfaction & Reduced Churn: Complaint/Visibility Feedback, Social Comment Integration