- "PR...must engage with brand strategy"
- "PR staff must share marketing strategies with agencies, and must push from within to play an integral part in strategic planning"
- "Too often, PR strategies focus not on what the brand needs, but on what public relations does best"
- "[PR plans] must incorporate market research, including upfront research to validate the strategy and messages, and classic research to measure impact - and reflect these elements in proposed plans and budgets"
- "Agencies need to communicate [their PR results] in terms that resonate with brand teams"
Friday, July 30
Taking PR Seriously
Rebecca Tillet, director/team leader for Pfizer's U.S. Pharmaceuticals public relations, shared some nice quotes in last month's MM&M magazine (that promoted the effectiveness of PR within the marketing mix), they include: